2012

Monday, December 3, 2012

Midwest Old Threshers

Some of my 8" dolls were able to participate in a doll talk given by the curator of the Bussey Doll Museum. Glenna was gracious to add them to her presentation about small dolls. You can see some of her many incredible tiny dolls in the box to the right of my much more modern dolls. I took Ginger, 1953 strung Muffie (in blue in the trunk), 1956 Ginny in yellow, another strung Muffie in pink print and polka dots, 1953 Madame Alexander Alexanderkins, modern articulated MA Wendy, and a bent knee walker Alexanderkins. The blue, yellow, and green dresses were ones I'd made. The Muffie in pink print and polka dots was purchased in a box in an antique store for $5. Her arms and legs had fallen off. She also has pretty brass barretts that I was cleaning and forgot to put on before our excursion.

No comments: